Friday, May 26, 2017

Hood for HRM Leif III

I'm working on a hood for HRM Leif III, King of the Outlands. It's a honor to be able to make this for him. I just hope that he likes it, and wants to actually wear it.  Its so disappointing to spend hours of your time on a clothing item as a gift for a Royal, and then they never wear it. Anyway, I digress.


I will be making a Skjold Harbor (Skjoldehamn) style hood (11th C.), out of a lovely green linen, lined in gold linen.



I will be doing the embroidery in white pearl cotton. I really wanted to do it in silk floss, but it was not meant to be for this project.  This is the basic design that I will be using, with modifications made by my in-house artist - AKA husband.



So far, I have cut out the pieces, transferred the design and begun the stag part of the embroidery.  I hope to get that finished up this weekend. Then I can sew the pieces together and do some seam treatment embroidery before adding the lining.




No comments:

Post a Comment