Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Get Set...

Now for the hard one.

"Organize this Mess" aka "The Great Tidy Up".

I have stuff. Too much stuff. Stuff of all sorts, shapes, and sizes. I need to get rid of some stuff so that I can find the stuff I want when I need it.  I admit it, I am not a tidy person. Don't get me wrong, I don't live in filth or anything like that; my organizational style has always been "Organized Chaos" up until now.  I don't want to be like that anymore.  I want my things to have a place, and to be in that place unless I am using it.

This is going to be a year long project, because just like eating an elephant, you can't do it all in one bite. So I am breaking down my spaces into 12 zones.  One for each month. I'm starting with my desk/office area.  I don't really have my own office, but I have claimed a corner of the living room as my space. Right now, my desk is serving no purpose other than to hold stuff. By the end of January, I will have a tidy, organized space where I can write, pay bills, and take care of other household business.

The rest of the year will look something like this:
February - Craft Room
March - SCA Gear
April - Storage Shed
May - Bedroom Closet (Yes, it really does need it's own month)
June - R's Office
July - Bedroom
August - Dining Room
September - Linen Closet/Bathroom
October - Laundry Room
November - Family Room
December - Holiday Decorations

With any luck, and a lot of motivation, my house will be clutter free and organized by 2017.



No comments:

Post a Comment